Thursday, August 29, 2013

New Journey

   As of August 10, 2013 I started the journey to live in Phoenix AZ. WOW didn't really think I would leave Chicago until the kids where grown, but the school system in Chicago has failed dragging my kids with it. As we watch the system implode the kids where in AZ for the summer already, and we ( J and I) talked and talked and when back and forth about when and if the kids should stay in AZ or come back home and then me and the kids would move down in the winter. I thought we would do the move in  the winter cause by then I figured I would have saved up the enough money to set up house and live  on until i got a job down here.Well it didn't happen like that.
    J decided that the move should happen sooner rather then later, so that the kids wouldn't be flip flop and starting school down here late and the schools in Chicago wasn't going to get better any time soon.
So I  took a leave of absent to pull down all of my vacation and sick time that I hardly ever used, and packed the truck to the roof and had containers hanging off the back and headed West, my new frontier. J drove the whole way here do to the weight of the truck and steering issue that was going on. It took two and half days to get here from Chicago.the interesting stops in between. The best was a little gas station/eatery(don't think it qualified as a restaurant) in Texas damn that food was good, and coming over the mountains into Phoenix and the worst was the drive through New Mexico, there is nothing to see or stop until Albuquerque. you don't even get cell service.
    While now I'm here living with my mother for the time being and getting on my dear sister's nerves, it's being two weeks and I'm currently in limbo. I have always worked only taking a week off here or there and now I have to wait on my license to be endorse from IL to AZ. Had a little mishap with that now I have to wait,(lesson learn read every thoroughly before proceeding).Hopefully it'll come next week and I can job and hunt. In need of my own place.  
     This whole distance family living isn't new to us just that J is usually the one the moves away and we stay home now it's the opposite and we're more than a little uncomfortable, but families do it all the time an survive and we will too.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home